Operating power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal or composite stock. Starting press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction. Operating machinery to produce piece parts. Inspecting parts for conformance to specifications, visually or using gauges or templates, and may adjust machine to correct errors. Keeping work area clean and organized.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Studying blueprints or written directions.
Operating machines such as punch presses, flattener, or brake presses.
Selecting and utilizing correct lubricant for the job.
Detecting and reporting defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor or Quality department.
Moving completed parts to in-process storage area, machine in next sequence, or shipping.
Maintaining the work area and equipment and following prescribed safety policies.
Wearing protective attire, such as safety eye glasses, steel-toed shoes and gloves.
Handling and moving objects.
Controlling machines and processes.
Gathering and analyzing information needed to do the job.
Inspecting equipment, parts or materials.
Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screening.
Morrissey, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, Morrissey does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting into all job levels the most qualified individuals on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, familial status, protected veteran status, and membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
* Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* Some experience using hand tools.
* Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds and over.
* Must be able to meet physical demands of the job with or without accommodation.
* Experience in or knowledge of blueprint reading.
* Ability to communicate with supervisors and / or peers both in both written and verbal formats.
* Must be able to use a computer.
* Most be able to stand and / or sit for long periods of time.
* Knowledge of geometric tolerancing.
* Must be able to adjust to varying climates (hot / cold)
Send us detail on the project you are looking to get done. We’ll review and follow up with you within 24 hours. We are excited to work with you and appreciate the opportunity to quote on your project. You can count on Morrissey Inc.